For 22 weeks starting in June, Central Brooklyn CSA members can pick up a generous weekly share of vegetables, with optional eggs every Thursday (or every other Thursday for half share members). This year, we are also offering a maple share and a grain share, which will be delivered every other week in June, August and October.
- The 2023 vegetable harvest will begin on June 1st and runs through October 26th.
- Optional fruit shares are distributed for 20 of those weeks (10 weeks if you choose a half share)
- Optional grain and maple shares are distributed every other week in June, August and October
Registrations end on Saturday, May 13th.
Please note, we may end registrations sooner if our CSA fills up.
The price of a share varies based on your income. We also accept SNAP.
2023 CBCSA Prices
|Your Tier||Full Share (3-4 people; pick up weekly)||Half Share (1-2 people; pick up every other week)|
|Tier 4: for those whose gross annual household income is over $85k||$744.00|
|Tier 3: for those whose gross annual household income is $50-$85k||$530.00|
|Tier 2: for those whose income is lower than tiers 3 or 4 but don’t qualify for SNAP||$310.00|
|Tier 1: for those who qualify for SNAP||$155.00|
Full payments are due before the first distribution unless you are paying with SNAP. If you are purchasing a share with SNAP benefits, a $25 deposit is required to secure your share. The remaining portion is paid monthly during the season at distribution.
In most years CSA members are required to contribute to this volunteer-led effort by working at our distribution location during the season. Please note that:
- Community Supported Agriculture relies on member volunteers to distribute each harvest
- Everyone you see working at distribution is a volunteer (thank you!)
- Work shifts are required this year. At a minimum, each full share member must work 2 volunteer shifts and each half share member must work 1 shift during the season.
Shifts will take place on Thursdays, beginning June 9, Each shift runs 4:45 pm-7:45 pm. Please follow COVID-19 prevention guidelines when you complete your work shift on site.
For more information, contact us at CentralBrooklynCSA@gmail.com.
2 thoughts on “Join”
Comments are closed.