We hope you all are well and enjoying the spoils of your CBCSA shares! A few announcements and notes:
- No News Yet: we haven’t heard yet from the farm about the contents of this week’s share, but we are imagining it will be similar to last week. Enjoy!
- Fruit Refunds: checks will be distributed this week and next to all members who originally signed up for fruit shares. Make sure to ask for yours if we neglect to give it to you when you sign in.
- Volunteer Commitment: every CBCSA share is required to volunteer for 2 distribution shifts or another approved activity (ask us if you have an idea or desire to help with events, outreach, etc) during the season. CBCSA cannot run without the commitment of its members, so please sign up soon if you haven’t done so already. It’s the embodiment of the “community” aspect of community shared agriculture (csa) and a great way to meet fellow members. Consider signing up for 2 shifts in a row on the same day if you want to fulfill your requirement all at once. Here’s how you sign up:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/qEuFJX
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- Egg/Fruit Cartons: please return cartons at your next pick up. Windflower Farm recycles them for future distributions
- Unable to pick up your share? Email cbcsa to swap with or have another CBCSA member pick it up for you. Friends and family are also welcome to pick up your share. Unclaimed shares are donated to the church’s food pantry at the end of each distribution.
Lastly, stay tuned for a separate email from Lewis Waite Farm CSA about ordering specialty products (meats, cheeses, breads, jams and the like). Lewis Waite delivers on B weeks and allows you to place orders up to a few days in advance, which is perfect for those last minute summer picnics and barbecues!
See you soon!
CBCSA Core Group