With all of this cold weather, it’s hard to imagine a nice summer evening veggie distribution, but it’s already time to start gearing up! Here is some exciting information about the upcoming season:
1. We are very fortunate that Hebron SDA Church (at 1256 Dean Street) has welcomed us back for 2011, so we will be at the same location as last year.
2. BUT: our distribution day changed! Our new distribution day will be Thursdays, from 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
3. AND: our farmer has changed as well! We sorrowfully say goodbye to MimoMex, but due to our day change, we will now be working with Victor Pavia and El Mirador farm! Read about Victor here on our blog.
4. Thanks to our nonprofit partner, the NYC Coalition Against Hunger (NYCCAH), both vegetable AND fruit shares will be available on a sliding scale based on income.
5. So now it’s time to start signing up! Please complete the Membership Agreement located here and send in your payment or deposit (if applicable) before March 31 to make sure you get a share. Remember, its first come, first serve, so send yours in now!
If you have any questions or would like to take on a core group role, email us at email@example.com for more information.
Looking forward to a great 2011 season!